Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Mother There

David Paulsen and Martin Pulido wrote an article for BYU Studies Quarterly titled A Mother There: A Survey of Historical Teachings about Mother in Heaven. Their goal was to look carefully at all that has been said about Mother in Heaven. Nowhere in their research did they find a General Authority directing church members to remain silent about Heavenly Mother.
To me, this suggests that we are able to talk about her openly and without fear of breaking a commandment. This article was one of my favorites to read again and again, because not only did it tell me I could talk about my Heavenly Mother, it gave me numerous examples of places where she was talked about. I found so many wonderful pieces of information about Mother in Heaven by reading the article. I highly suggest that anyone wanting to know more about what has been said about God the Mother to begin their search with this reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment